Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 26 Deja vu!!

Day 26 was a good one to be sure!!! I woke up to the alarm as we stayed out late last night to watch the meteor shower and had a great time. It is great to see kids see thing like that for the first time and really be in awe and amazement. Lauren is dead set on us waking her up and letting her see the shower when it peaks. WE told her we would. But I digress. So the alarm goes off and I jump up and do my morning business. Straight to the closet to get the scales and a huge surprise! Another 11 pounds less of Shane and I know am down to 275 from 297 at the start of my journey. That's right, two weigh days in a row and 11 pounds lost in each one! If i do that again, I will be happy and a little freaked... haha. I also lost a inch and a half off my belly. I can't wait till the tape measure is out of the fifty inch range, I will tell you that!!

My next goal is just to get out of the 270's next weigh day, so 269 is my next goal. I don't know how to set a goal for the inches lost, so I'll just keep going till the number begins to be in the 40's I guess. I am debating about starting to do some crunches a couple of days a week starting next week. I know my core is tightening up but I need to get my gut a little better off than it is.

I am going back out tomorrow morning for another 5k. Not sure if I will go around the block or to the trail at Van Buren Park. I think prolly the block. I think I am gonna go ahead and shoot for two in a row again this weekend, but this time I will just keep going even if I have to go slow or take a break in the middle on Sunday.

Oh and I have a dumb little test I do with my steering wheel. I have been trying to fit both my hands between my belly and my steering wheel since this all started and today, I was able to with rubbing a knuckle or anything! Woo hoo!!!

Ok, we are fixing to head out to watch meteors. I hope my progress makes someone else completely motivated and that I can have a positive effect on them the way Sean did me! So keep on inspiring me friends, and I will try to do the same for you.


5 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Congrats on the victories on the scale and off. Be proud of yourself and keep going! Adding crunches is a really good idea. It's amazing what a difference they make. I noticed my belly, the part that hangs down is much smaller and I know the crunches I do and other core strength had as much to do with that as the weight loss. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Shane! Just look at that little football player running down the field!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 11 pound weigh-day success! That's wonderful and so impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap! 11 pounds, twice??? Deja Vu indeed! Way to rock your motivation!

    ReplyDelete