Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 25 My Latest Concern

Good fine Thursday evening folks in blogville. It is hotter than heck here in Arkansas let me tell ya! I saw the 10 day forecast and it looks like we may actually have a weeks worth of not 100 degree temps coming next week. Sure will be nice I know that it may actually make it down to the 70's at night.

So my tenure at the Baker Law Firm is winding down. I sure will miss that place. It is where I got my first taste of law and the office environment. I will say this, I learned a hell of a lot there that I can take on with me in my career and I thank Chuck Baker and Rinda Baker (no relation strangely) for the opportunity to get my start there. They took a flyer on me and I appreciate it. I also wanna shout out to Carrie Jernigan for always being there for me when I needed whatever it was I needed. She has been a great friend and coworker and I love her dearly and hope to see her do great things in life. Heck maybe one day we can practice together if I get my license and get worth a damn at lawyering. She's already good at lawyering, so I am the weak link in that equation.

I know none of that was related to weight loss, it just bore saying as it is important to me. Now on to my excitedness about weight loss! I am so frikkin overjoyed that tomorrow is weigh day. I know there is a loss there it is just killing me to not get to see how much it is yet! And I am seriously wondering how many inches I have taken off my belly. I am totally just filled with anxiety and worry about sleeping. Not really, I sleep no matter what.

So I was thinking the other day about how I have made this lifestyle a habit already and I love that. I can not count the amount of times I have not fallen prey to the "I want to eat" because I was out of calories already. It really is a great feeling no matter how many times it has happened. I just hope to have it an ingrained and non fragile habit within a couple of months. There is something I have not talked about in here that is a problem for me. I get bored easily even with success. Right now this is new and exciting and I don't have a great deal of problem with keeping motivated. But some day, if this is not a hard core, this is how I roll habit, it could equal trouble. I worry that I will have the same problem that I have had in the past with not realizing that I lost a great deal of weight and had accomplished something amazing enough to fight for, to keep close to my heart. I so don't want that to happen and that is why I talk about it. It is a fear I have to face and fight off like a Spartan, with the ferocity it deserves! Now the good news is, once I have a habit set, it is almost impossible for me to lose it, hence the weight gain each time I have taken this journey in the past. I feel empowered over this fear now having talked about it. Does anyone else or has anyone else had to deal with this problem?

I am kinda ashamed that I did not do any cardio today. I did get my push ups in and some weight lifting too, but at lunch I had to hang with the office folks as Rinda cooked us some mexican chicken casserole. We had a meal together which was nice. I could have gotten some in tonight but there was a bit of drama around the house that left me outside cleaning the back deck off and weeding the plants around back as a cool down period. I guess I could count that as cardio but it didn't really wear me down or anything. I did sweat a good bit though! Did I mention it is hot here in Arkansas? Oh and here is a positive note to end on. I am slowly beginning to hate the idea of eating pizza!! It just isn't a good calorie choice! It is all we had to cook tonight and I had a half of a Totino's pizza for 370 calories and quite frankly, I was aggravated to have to waste that many calories on such a small portion of food! I only had 700 left by dinner and I wasted over half on that little half a Totino's pizza. I finished the day with some tuna with miracle whip horseradish dressing and some mustard pickled cauliflower! yum!

Kathy, Lauren, our old neighbor Brooklyn and I are all going to go out and watch the meteor shower in in about a half hour. I love meteor showers. So I am gonna sign off with the request that all my blog friends keep on inspiring me and I will try to do the same for you.

5 comments:

  1. Shane, you don't have to be ashamed about your lack of cardio today. You've done really well...a day of rest is okay even necessary. :)

    I can't wait to hear how your weigh-in goes! I know it's going to be good! Wooo hooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kenz. I won't make you wait. It was 11 pounds lost!!! And another 1 1/2 inch gone off my belly!!! I am riding high on this news on my last day at my job and a Friday the 13th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane, working outside is exercise. Especially in the heat. I'm so excited about your weigh in. Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shane, you're doing a great job! It sounds like yesterday was a kind of emotionally-turbulent day for you, with the job and the home drama. I hope that you get an opportunity to wind down a little bit over the weekend. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 11 lbs! Great job, bro, you are rocking the plan!

    What a great attitude to have toward your employers. You will need their recommendation as you move along toward the bar exam, so it's great to leave on a happy note.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete