Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 17 Getting it figured out

Day 17 was just kinda unremarkable really. And I think that is kinda what I aim for in the end. To have this lifestyle be such a second nature that doing it doesn't really register any more. I had typical breakfast, lunch and snacks and for dinner, Kathy made tuna casserole which is essentially mac and cheese, two cans of tuna and a can of sweet peas. I did my research and had a bowl and a half which was around 600 calories added to the 665 I had eaten during the day for a total of 1265 calories. I had a little different snack after supper than usual though. I am kinda not feeling the yogurt right now so I took 21 of the little Sam's Choice tortilla chips little rounds, 150 calories and got me 3 tablespoons of my salsa, 15 calories, and had the best snack ever it seemed like! In case it has escaped anybody, I have a thing for salsa!!

I also had a good exercise day too. I woke up this morning and for some reason one of Sean's posts stuck in my head. He talked about doing 60 non weighted squats one day. I decided to take that challenge for myself. So I did just that this morning. I gotta tell ya, that is a good core exercise! Whew. After supper, I was anxious to mow my back yard to try to avoid having to rake it this weekend (epic fail by the way) but it was too hot to get out there. So I decided to get the bike out and hit a half hour ride on it real quick while I waited for it to cool down. Great thirty minutes. I was watching tv and it went by fast and I tend to go harder when I am not paying attention, so it really got my legs tired and my abs too! Score one for the exercise bug! So I finally got around to mowing but it got too dark for me to see my lines, so I have to finish it tomorrow.

I had a bit of an epiphany tonight, not a huge one but still. I used to love love love to cut me up three or four stalks of celery and smear peanut butter on them and drink a glass of milk with it. Well I found out peanut butter was high in calories, so I have kinda shied away from that. It dawned on me today though, I could actually just put peanut butter on oh I don't know, ONE STALK OF CELERY!! It was a lesson I already learned but had to re-learn tonight apparently. So I did that and I think I overestimated on the amount of peanut butter but I like to be safe. I counted it as two tablespoons for 210 calores and I counted the celery as 10 for a delicious 220 calorie snack with a 60 calorie half cup of milk. That puts me alot closer than I made it to my bank yesterday. I am at a whopping 1965 calories. So once again, depending on the results of next Friday's weigh in, I may tweek my calorie count. I also realized one other thing. I was laughing at my fantasy from yesterday of me in a pontoon boat shirtless and tan when I realized, I had never thought of things like that in the near past. In fact, a glimpse in the future usually brought me down because I just knew that I was going to let my family down, that I would keep being self destructive and leave my Kathy and Lauren alone in the world before I could provide for their well being. In fact, I just got a little sad thinking about that just now. But just the fact I was thinking the boat fantasy is a step forward, a realization that this is for real ya'll. I will make this work and I will have a happy ending with a pontoon boat and half nekid me!! Sure hope Kathy likes what she sees then!!!

I have to admit, I am worried about one of my blog buddies. Elizabeth the last I heard from you, you were gonna post some good news. That was three days ago and I have been waiting to hear from you. I don't have your e mail so on the off chance you read this, e mail me at jsg14342@cox.net and let me know if you need any thing please. AS for the rest of my blogging family, good night and remember, keep on inspiring me and I will try to do the same for you!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shane,
    I just found your blog. I, too, am just getting started on this journey. There is a wealth of support in blogging. I am also counting calories. My motto is from Marion Nestle: Eat less, move more and go easy on the junk food. Looking forward to supporting you through your journey. Excellent start. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the exercise yesterday!

    If you like salsa, here's a great recipe! Take a chicken breast and dump a bunch of salsa on it. Cover it with tin foil, then bake it in the oven at 350 for, oh 25-30 minutes until done. The salsa makes the chicken really tender **AND** the salsa is super low in calories!

    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shane. The peanut butter is a good source of protein, and it has the good fats in it. However, the calories are high, so you are right in keeping it to 2 Tbsp. I sometimes have mine for breakfast on a piece of whole grain toast for 245 calories.

    Good job on the exercise! And isn't the calorie counting getting a little easier?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG SHANE!!! :) Big time hugs, buddy! I can't believe you were thinking of me and worrying about me. Do you have ANY IDEA how much that means? It makes me feel like I'm not alone in this - and I love, love, love that we started at the same time. The good news was the weight loss - but I'm uncomfy still about posting my actual weight. I've lost over 10 lbs and feel phenomenal. Best part? My feet/ankles aren't swollen anymore. My calves don't hurt - my knees are better! My heartburn is gone and I just feel ..different. I'm walking a lil easier now, and I know it's only going to get better. I'll email you so you have my address! I wish I could give you a big old hug - thank you thank you thank you - and give Kathy one too!

    Keep your stick on the ice,
    e. :)

    ReplyDelete