Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 73 Oh There Is the Track! I Am On It!

Well given Saturday, day 72's events and all that could have happened, day 73 was a rousing success. I got up for my walk, got it in, had a low cal breakfast of turkey bacon and eggs, got a lot of homework done, watched the Cowboys with the Hunters while eating a fresco burrito from Taco Bell. Even went to Target with Kathy and didn't whine to leave after 15 minutes. I had a heat and eat for dinner and my snacks were 6 microwaved small portabella mushrooms, the usual celery and peanut butter, and a yogurt cup. I pulled in the station at 1280 calories for the day. I figure I am going to try to keep in in that area for the week so that I can at least somewhat atone for the Saturday debacle. If it works out for me, I may try to keep my calories more like 1500 from then on! I may well be turning a negative from one day of this journey into a positive till the end! Wow, wouldn't that be cool?

8 comments:

  1. How do you prepare the turkey bacon? I have been putting it in the oven lately and I think it comes out better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, Shane, I think you could move to 1500 with no problem. There may be a day here and there at 1600 or 1700, but I would try it.

    I like to shake things up every couple of weeks, just to keep my body guessing. Sometimes it's calories, sometimes exercise, sometimes just a change in what or when I eat. My body is so good at pulling things over on me, I try to fool it whenever I can.

    Have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's most important after a tough day is to make the next one better, and you totally grasp that concept that is so tough for others. You rock Shane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say exactly want Kenz said! And I like to shake my calories up every now and then too!! You're doing great! Did you ever get a workout dvd???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your blog, so I gave you a blog award. Check it out at http://janeisweighingin.blogspot.com/. You are an inspiration, and I also think that shaking calories up once in a while is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Shrinking Kenz on this one, brother. Those off days happen, but flipping the script back to the original plan is crucial. Well done, sir! I just sent you an email, by the way. I hope to hear back from you. Thanks for your diligence, persistence, and inspiration. You really do rock! :)

    Becky from
    http://mywalkfromflabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shane,
    what I am inspired about us the fact that you did not allow your off plan eating to derail your progress. I am guessing this is one of the first times you went off plan and went right back on. THAT is a victory, my friend. A big NSV. Stay strong, Michele

    ReplyDelete