Saturday, September 18, 2010

An award.Thanks Doc!

I have not participated in the past in these but I though that maybe I should in the spirit of bloggdom. So I will try harder from now on. I got this from the good Doctor.



Thanks for thinking of me Doc. Now the rules say you have to discuss on thing you would change about your past. I actually have thought about this before and one of the things I come up with is that I kinda wish I had realized a little earlier that football was not gonna be something I could do later in life based solely on my physical stature. I was never gonna play college, and pros, forget it. So now I like baseball and I honestly believe that had I tried, I may have gotten a little further in baseball had I actually played for real. I messed around with it like pick up games and such, but never played competitively. I really do cherish the memories of being on a team and having each other's back going into battle, the comraderie, the giving each other shit, the practical jokes, the being as crude as we want cause no girls around to be offended. It was a great time in my life. I wish it could have lasted longer. But, in all, the sum of my experiences has made me what I am today, and I don't dislike me. So no deep regrets, just maybe some wondering about what could have been.


2 comments:

  1. It is the sum of our experiences that make us who we are. So many of us follow a sport or other interests as a youth, but later find something different and maybe something we are better at. It is what makes our lives richer. These experiences also help us as we parent, which I am sure you know Have a good week, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mister! how was your weekend? Busy I assume! How was your eating and exercise during the busy weekend? Don't you weigh in over the weekend? How did it go? I bet you CRUSHED your 250s!

    ReplyDelete