Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 50 Not A Fan of 1800

Happy three day weekend!!!!! I hope everyone has big plans and they all turn out great!!

I can't believe I am at day 50!! It honestly seems like it was like last week I started. So today, I am just shy of my 1800 and I am not happy to have had that many calories nor am I particularly happy with what I had for supper or a snack. Sit a spell and I will tell you the sources of my unhappiness. First, I forgot that tonight was spaghetti night and I was told about it like 3 times this week. So I did fine with my meals throughout the day for the suppers we have been having lately, but I was at 865 calories after lunch. I ran the calories on the spaghetti that Kathy was gonna cook up when she got home. We have bowls that I found out are two cups apiece and so I use those for meals like this where a cup measurement will tell me how many calories. So after running the calories, I only got to have 3/4 of a bowl of spaghetti and it was 600 calories! Seriously not worth the investment. I don't know what to do on those nights though because I don't want Kathy to get mad at me for not eating what she cooked, but I just don't like that ratio. So on top of that, we have our old neighbor girl spending the night with us and Pam, her mom, left half a pizza and half a birthday here! I had 200 calories to spare after some sugar free pudding and a piece of cantaloupe, so I cut a slice in half and had 150 calories to end the night. It was Little Caesars, so it was not that great either. so today, while strictly constructed was a success, it was not my favorite day. However, I do have some excitement about this weekend, and I am so ready to get up tomorrow and do my 5k for time. I am weird but I so look forward to it I love finishing up those things. I am debating about jogging the stretch of road in front of my house each lap to see what kind of time I come up with then!

I found out that the reason kids don't get fat so fast is because playing on the playground, it is a workout! I took Miss Hannah Banana today while Kathy and Izetta got a real walk in. Hannah is Izetta's daughter and she makes one lap around the park track and is done. So I played on the playground stuff with her for about 45 minutes and I tell ya what, it was hard work! From there, I went to school to read the chapter I should have before today. I got done about a half hour earlier than I planned and in the past, never would have moved from that bench, but I got antsy as soon as I got done so I took a walk around campus and fell back in love with it. On a regular basis, I get that feeling of pride that I am in school and really making something of myself!! I guess that kinda fits under last nights post too as far as really being there and cognizant of what is going on.

Tomorrow is going to be a clean eating day and I am going to another pizza joint to watch the Hogs play some football!! Luckily, they have a salad bar!! I will make that my meal tomorrow night. We are going with Jason and Izetta and all the girls, and that may make us all crazy before the game ends. The girls are all a handful by themselves and get them together and holy moly!

I am gonna sign off her and finish this game. I can't believe that Arizona v. Toledo is on ESPN during primetime! But it hasn't been a bad game so I am gonna keep watching. Good night all and love ya miss ya!




5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being at day FIFTY (50!)!!! Doesn't it get easier as the days go by?? I never thought that would be true-but it is! Have a great and restful weekend! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are just like that Shane. We're going to have days like this. It's ok as long as we trg our best and do better the next time. You're doing so well on the exercise it makes me cheer! And, I'm not sure 40 to 2 is much of a game, bug it's football anyway and I always root for the Stoopx boys. HOGS huh ? I remember when we used to whip up on y'all back in the old days. I'd love to see them return to their former glory and not be the stepchild of the SEC anymore. Enjoy your day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane, congrats on Day 50! It really does get easier. I'm not sure what kind of spaghetti you had for dinner, but 1 cup of spaghetti pasta is 220 calories. 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce with meat is 130. I'm just thinking maybe you didn't eat as many calories as you think today.

    Keep up the good job!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the milestone of Day 50. And on doing so great thus far. I'm taking your lead of doing 5K's on the weekend. I have been working up to them, so starting tomorrow, I will do one and then another one Monday. I needed something to get me out of the boredom. I am still working a couple of 50-yard dashes into each walk, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really doesn't seem possible that it's been 50 days already. Congrats to you Shane...and keep it up.

    And I can't believe it's already football season. I can't wait to get settled somewhere so I can watch my boys play every week...

    ReplyDelete