Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 55 I Give Up!!!!

I have had what I would call a strange conundrum here lately. I am struggling to get enough calories, or at least what I think is enough. I have been having to snack most of the night to get to 15 or 1600 calories. Tonight, I just threw my hands up at 1400 and said hell with it, I give up! How does it come to this? How do you get from there (I ate all night after supper) to here (trying to make it to 1500?). I mean wow. Not very fathomable sometimes. Not complaining, but I am done trying to get there. If I am not hungry then heck with it, I will stick at 13 or 1400 and so be it.

I am stealing from Cori today the fact that I had a pants victory. I had bought a pair of pants back in the winter when I had made a run at getting some weight loss. They were bought as goal pants. They were the right price but a size too small according to the tag, two sizes according to the actual fit! Guess who so wore those pants today? It was me!!!! I wore those pants! And they are nice pants too. I am beginning to have a much bigger wardrobe for the moment. I am in between sizes so that I can wear some stuff I out grew but I can still wear my bigger stuff, although some stuff is fixing to get put away. My bigger pants tend to look funny on me now. I am lucky that I have a wife that is a bargain shopping fool and she can start replacing retired clothes with smaller clothes once we get some dang money!

I am kinda griped that my thighs are still so sore. I am really seriously planned on not taking a walk today so I could get them ok, but it worked out that i had to have Lauren to school early for honor choir try outs, which she made by the way!!! I had a good bit of time to burn so I went to Wal Mart and got a mile in before work. And I have thoughts of maybe jumping on the treadmill for 3 minutes and jogging just to get the feel of it and see if now is the time or I need to wait. Oh I don't think I have mentioned it here, but I can jump rope again!!! I used to have a huge pain in my back when I tried, but the other day I was showing off for Lauren and one of her friends that I could jump rope better and around my thirtieth straight jump, my shorts fell off!! I was wearing a too big cut off shirt and boxer briefs, so it wasn't a huge deal but man it was embarassing!

I had my usual menu apart from my evening snack. I had my usual yogurt but I decided to add some protein to my total today. I boiled two eggs and put a tablespoon of the horseradish Miracle Whip (20 calories) and a tablespoon of spicy brown mustard (10 calories). It was not my favorite mixture, so no more of that!!

I am down to 33 hours till weigh in! I am excited to get this one in. If this isn't the one that gets me to the 250's, then the next one will be and I am excited!! Still got 259 in my head.

Well I am thinking I am gonna go find some shoes and do that jogging thing I talked about. Bye everybody.


10 comments:

  1. I have soooo been there with feeling like I wasn't getting enough calories! Drove me nuts because I was FULL!! If you want some suggestions, let me know....... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be times where you are hungrier than others. Don't sweat it. Eat healthy food and if you aren't hungry don't force yourself to eat. AWESOME on the pants! I love moments like that. I can't wait for your weigh in. It's gonna be a big one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You so got this my friend. I'm very happy for you! Way to go on the pants!!!!!!!!!

    250's, here you come!!!! and I love your attitude...If not this weigh-in, next....ABSOLUTELY.

    I've also dealt with eating something just to make the budget limit...but you're attitude is correct, I believe...My only suggestion would be to add some calories throughout the day, so you're not short late. But believe me, I totally understand that...

    You scared me with your blog title btw...wow, don't do that to me, or YOU.

    What a relief to read this awesome post!!

    My best always,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. your attitude, not "you're," little errors like that drive me nuts about myself... I guess that's some kind of self-critical obsession...

    Carry on---nothing to see here...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love tricking us with yopur titles Shane. Its amazing how eatimng the right food can make you feel content and full. Looking foward to hearing about your loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could not help but laugh at your shorts falling off while you were jumping rope! Be happy though, that's a sure sign that the weight is coming off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the pants, Shane! You're doing awesomely! Soon those pants are going to be falling off you! And this weigh-in is going to be awesome, I can just feel it. You're doing AWESOMELY! Keep it up! Is Kathy also weighing in tomorrow/today? How is she doing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Pants on the Ground!" "Pants on the Ground!" LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I'm laughing, too, at your shorts falling off in front of Lauren and her friend. But what a great NSV! You really should put that one at the top of the list.

    I wouldn't worry about the calories. If you're under one day, you may be over a bit the next. Listen to your body and don't eat just because you have calories left.

    Anxiously awaiting the weigh-in...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, don't push it. If you aren't hungry, don't eat. Some days your calories will be on target. Some days they will come in a little low and others, they will come in a little high. Shoot for your average, stay on target and you will be just fine. :D

    ReplyDelete