Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 59 A Different Menu!

Well all in all, an uneventful day. I did get a break from the the usual menu today for breakfast. I sauteed me some mushrooms and onions, scrambled two eggs with that and then fried two pieces of turkey bacon. I know now I am committed to healthy living! I just cooked it a little more done and it brought the flavor out. I also made some jello today and had that for a mid morning snack. Lunch was a little later than usual, but it was a staple. Kathy's tuna salad on a pita. Supper was yummo! I grilled up a coupe of 6 ounce pork chops, wrapped some squash in tin foil with a little butter for it to cook in, and Kathy warmed up some black eyed peas and made us a yummy salad. I had a second happening. I ate my salad with no dressing! Holy Smokes!

Kathy and I went for a short "hike" at the local nature center. We bought hiking boots and thought it would be a good way to get them broke in. It was a shot walk, but after my 5k this morning and the jogging yesterday, my legs thanked me for that! I am seriously wondering if I need to maybe take a lazy weekend. But we always come up with something to do that sounds fun and I can't resist.

WEll I am gonna finish watching this game. Cowboys are looking pretty sad so far, hope for a better second half.

4 comments:

  1. Funny how weekends can fill up without even trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote "no" for a lazy weekend for you. However, I DO recommend that you find FUN exercise to partake in. It doesn't all have to be gym-time and 5ks and Walmart loops, you know. Hiking is a great start. Can you join an adult basketball league? Take swimming lessons? Go canoeing! Think outside of the box...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Christine. No lazy weekend. The hiking is good, since you can do it with your family.

    By the way, I did 3 5K's last week. If you can do 2, I can do 3. (Is there a challenge there?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Shane,
    It gets easier and easier to stay on teh healthy trail doesn't it?? excellent work on eating and getting out on the trail! Michele

    ReplyDelete