Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 70 Seriously, Water and a Lost Perspective

So I was walking my second round today for lunch. I was able to go to the track as it has cooled off today. I get a lot more inner dialog and perspective when I walk outside. I dunno why. But I had some good thinking going on. I got started on thinking about my water consumption. I basically drink between 64 and 80 ounces of water per day. It is a new habit. I can't seem to and don't want to change that fact. I have soda every once in awhile now, but not enough to matter. Maybe one or two a week. I did some research. It turns out when you don't get enough water, you kidneys stop working properly, which leaves the liver in the back up position as the new starter. Well the liver having now taken over more work, does not do its job properly, one of which is metabolizing fat, using it as an energy source. So the overworked liver become less efficient and voila, the fat building process begins. Having changed from a gallon or better of Diet Moutain Dew to water as my main hydration method is by far the biggest change I made from this attempt and the late 2009/early 2010 effort I put forth. I lost twenty pounds in around 3 months. I have don this for 70 days and lost probably 40 plus pounds. Yeah, I think water played a major part in that. So come on folks, those of you who don't, give it a shot, see if drinking water is the missing factor in your weight loss. It won't hurt anything, I promise.

Which leads me to the next thought I have. I have high goals for my weight loss. I have kinda been spoiled by my sudden success, my large amounts of weight loss. I even got a little bummed I only lost 8 FRIKKIN POUNDS because I wanted to be 259 last weigh in, rather than 260. It occurred to me that, umm I am on DAY 70!!! I have lost at minimum 37 pounds! That is around 1/2 pound a day! That is impressive! I am not on day 170 for goodness sakes! So even if I don't get the 6 pounds I am hoping for tomorrow morning, I am aware of a few things. I am strong! I work out every day fo the work week. I am fast! I have knocked off 12 minutes of my 5k I do every Saturday for time! I am at least 37 pounds lighter! I honestly feel like I think better, have a better attitude about life, health, exercise, my job, I mean all facets of my life have improved and I can thank God and Sean Anderson for starting me off on this path.

Well I got caught in a catch 22 today. I have a goal of no bread for my Hot 100 challenge. Day 1 I had to eat bread cause I didn't communicate that to Kathy and we had hamburgers tonight. I liked that lean ground beef by the way! MMM good! So from THIS day forward, it is no bread!! And for any interested parties, Jo and I have a little side bet going on regarding our 5k addiction. We are going to compare our 5k times and see who can knock the most time off their time in the next 100 days. Any other takers? I know it isn't fair since I will clearly crush all comers, but hey be a sport!

3 comments:

  1. Well, you're doing great! Give soda the boot! :-) And ya know, it's really not fair that guys lose weight so much freakin' faster that us girls!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, no kidding about what Cori said. But, the truth of the matter is that we are both moving forward and reducing. I like your 5k challenge. But not forme yet. And yes, you will crush 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just listen to the big man brag about his 5K's! We will see, buddy. We will see.

    WOO HOO for the 5 more lbs gone!

    ReplyDelete