Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 99 Hot 100 Update, Weigh Day and a Math Problem For Everybody To Solve

Happy Friday everybody!!!! I know it is for me! I have been happy as a lark all day. I have had quite the busy morning. I woke up and weighed and I have lost 5 more pounds over the last two weeks!!! I am down to 242 and headed for the 230 decade quick! And now for your math problem. If you have 2 X's and you take 1 X away, how big is your new shirt size? Give up? It's a XL!!! I had one XL shirt I talked about awhile back and I could wear it then, but today I put it on and it was not tight at all!!! I decided to have that by my shirt today. Then after thinking on it awhile, I remembered it seemed to me that it was cut a little big as it is an athletic shirt. So I told Kathy that I wanted to go to the new thrift store in Fort Smith that is like a Wal Mart in their organization but has a wider selection. I wanted another XL to confirm my size change. I had to wait though because I was on a mission today. I got my law school application finished and mailed out today and then I took my transcript request for LSAC to the registrar's office for them to send it in to all the law schools! I am still patiently waiting on my score, but I wanted to get things going ASAP! Then I had to sit down and study for my sociology test today and I just had the dangdest time! So finally I get done and meet Kathy for lunch at Chick Fil A. Their char grilled chicken salad is awesome with some mustard on it! I got a great meal for like 240 calories! We headed down the road to the thrift shop and I began to peruse the shirts to find one I would like. I wound up looking at a basic Nike t shirt with a small swoosh on it. It is a darker red and I know Nike tends to cut their shirts a bit smaller actually. So I bought it and put it on when I got home...... turns out I am an XL!! Thank the Lord above for that thrift store, cause my wardrobe is gonna need some tuning up soon! I ain't rich but they aint expensive either!

And for the coup de gras, I have proof I am addicted to walking now. I took Lauren to school this morning as usual and since there was no fruit at the house and I have fruit for my morning snack, I decided to drop in to Wal Mart for fruit. I never ever never work out on Fridays. No weights, no walking, no anything. I give myself that one day to rest and heal up. Well I wasn't in the store 5 seconds when it just hit me, I was in shorts and tennis shoes, I was in Wal Mart, and blam, it was decided before I even could protest to myself. Off I set for my usual 8 laps at speed no less. I have a problem folks. Not a bad one, but a problem. I am staying pat on jogging a mile and a half tomorrow, so Sunday could be interesting!

Ok, I am all bubblied out so I will see ya'll later. Kathy, Lauren and I are doing Ghost Stories by the Bon Fire at the Arkansas River tonight and hanging with our Girl Scout Troop and friends. It will be a great night and we will have a blast I am sure of it!

crud I forgot to do my Hot 100 update. I am on pace for all of my goals. No white bread eaten, I am closing in on 240 and will probably have to aim for 230 instead on my weight, I have eaten the garden bare on vegetables, my 5k time is the only sufferer. I may have to let that one go eventually but not yet! So there ya have it. Steve, sorry I am kinda late once again!


13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new size :)
    Doing exercise just because you were there is a huge NSV!
    Sounds like the whole family is going to have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those kind of math problems! I was elated when I put on a shirt that was way too small only to find out that it was now too big!! You're catching up to me on weight, I'll start kicking it up!!

    Your positiveness is contagious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane, my man!!
    You are at 100 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now think about that number: did you ever in your life when you began this journey think you would hit 100???????? You are an inspiration to all of us. Yep, you are. Addicted to walking and addicted to living life at its fullest. That would be you, Shane. Look at all the things you do now that you could not 100 days ago. The shirt is one thing, and a great thing, but the care you are taking of your body and the incredible fitness (yes, I set fitness!) you are enjoying are all your rewards for sticking through. You are rocking our socks off!!

    Congratulations on being another step closer to law school. They would be FOOLS to not accept someone like you. You are precisely what they should be looking for in a law student and human being.

    Have a great week end! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your blog. It is so funny, and honest, and I dont even know what. Thanks for always making me smile!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had to say thanks for the idea of mustard on the char grilled salad!! Never would have thought of that and it sounds delicious! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the smaller shirt!!! Where is the new thrift shop located at? I need to purchase some new slacks for work badly, but don't want to dish out alot of cash since I'm on way down in size!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shane, I am in a better mood from just reading your blog today! What a great day, a great week, and a great NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Addicted to walking! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Jennifer, your post made me smile. Congratulations on the smaller size, that must be AWESOME. Best wishes with all the law school applications.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new size! I hit a new size this week too :) I was thrilled, especially since my scale has been standing still for months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news from you this week. Congrats on the loss! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and law school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like things are going really good for you. Great news about being in a smaller size shirt. Keep up the great work, its going to be a wonderful New Years.

    ReplyDelete