I saw a whole bunch of Top Ten lists yesterday in honor of the 10/10/10 phenomena. I did not do one, but feel so compelled to do one since so many were inspirational. Well there is that an the fact that some jack ass in my class kept talking until we were over 20 minutes late getting out, and it is a class that gets out at 8:05 p.m. So I am too tired right now to be too awful yippity skippity or introspective. This is much easier to do. So my top ten list of things I am thankful for is as follows:
1. First and foremost, my beautiful wife Kathy. She is my rock, she is my inspiration, and she is the light of my life. Without her, I would have copped out of this school thing long ago, I promise.
2. Lauren McGill, my step daughter. Lauren is the greatest daughter I could ask for, even when she is a pain! She helps keep me young at heart by playing and acting silly with me. I have an excuse to see cartoon movies now that I have her too!
3. Fran Warren, my mother. She has put all this great ball of chaos I call my life in motion. Without her, I could have never started school, or bought this house, or be running for office, or any of the things that make my life crazy and wonderful as it is.
4. This blog. This has been a great tool for my weight loss journey. I have made some great friends on here, gotten some great support, and have found myself being good because I would have to tell ya'll I was bad if I was, and I don't like to be embarassed.
5. University of Arkansas Fort Smith. The University has opened up so many great opportunities for me. Because it is local and affordable, I am getting the education I always kicked myself for not getting, and without it, I would not be on the path I am today towards a career as a lawyer. I have also met many great friends while there and will cherish them for life.
6. The tremendous health benefits of this weight loss. I just feel so much better, and things are so much easier to do now. I love it!!
7. My "home gym". I have a cornucopia collection of weights and benches and stationary bikes and a treadmill. All these things have helped me tremendously in some form or another make my journey a little better.
8. This laptop computer. It is my portal to the world and a valuable tool. I get to talk to some pretty amazing people, learn some pretty amazing things, and get some pretty boring work done on this bad boy!!
9. My dogs. I get so much joy out of my babies! They all have great personalities, are all a hoot in some way shape or form, and they have the unconditional love for me I have for them.
10. Kathy and my king size bed. We had a queen for a year or so after we got married and Kathy is a bed hog galore! I had about a square foot of the bed for me, the rest was hers! Now that we have our king bed, I get a lot more and a lot better sleep!
So there you have it, these are the things that make my life what it is, a joy to live!!
Kenz, sorry but FMFM is off the docket for today, I am tired as hell! I will try to do better next Monday I promise!!