Monday, April 4, 2011

Holy Schmoly, That Was No Walk In The Park!

Oh it has truly been a wonderful weekend! I hate to go back to to work now, but I don't suppose my options abound. I did my 5k on Saturday and I have to say, it was HARD! Oh man talk about some hills! And the field was much bigger this time, so I didn't place top 3 in my age division this time, but I was top 7 of 16 total in my age. And I beat my previous best time by 3 minutes!! I came in at 27:43!! I think it was more like 27:10, but that was my official time. I know this, I have been more active this weekend all weekends combined from April to July of last year, and it makes me feel so good to be able to get up and just do. I spent all day yesterday just working outside, and when I took Lauren to volleyball practice, I got involved shagging balls for the coach and the girls, and then we wound up having the coach, one of Lauren's friend's dad, Kathy and I play the girls in volleyball at the end of practice. If they let the ball hit the floor on service or on return, they had to run. It was a hoot! We played for about a half hour, then I came back and worked outside again the rest of the day. I got a fair amount of work done and then I cooked pork chops on the grill last night, and we all ate out on the deck about 8 o'clock. It was perfect. 82 degrees, sunset, no flies, and dogs making out like bandits on pork chop bones and meat. That is a wonderful life folks.

It is a real life this morning. I have to go to work and a storm has moved in which takes our temps from the beautiful warm sunny 90 we had yesterday to a high of 50 today! And it is storming, so no outside run this morning either! Gaaaaah! I think the treadmill was getting upset with me anyway for ignoring it. Plus I am sore, so I can turn it down a little this morning and work this soreness out. That's it yeah... haha!!!

I was staring at that picture of me in Silver Dollar City again. I just can't believe that a) I got to the weight I was in that picture and stayed there for so long b) I have gotten to the weight I am now and in fairly quick order, and not by design and c) I went from a 3X shirt to an L shirt and those are even starting to show some extra room!! In a million years, you would never have told me I could wear a medium shirt! I haven't bought one yet, but I am debating about getting one just to see. It may be pipe dreaming, but maybe not! Oh and I am having to fight for my dream of going to an amusement park this summer. Kathy is worried about our money situation with me headed to law school in August and is ready to practice fiscal responsibility now. I am gonna have to talk fast on this one, I can tell you that! Haha. I just want one day, one day that I can walk around that park and not once go "I will try and hope I can fit" and that "even if I do fit, this is gonna hurt!!" It isn't too much right?


3 comments:

  1. Bravo! For the three minutes and for enjoying where you are this weekend. I hope you do get to go to the amusement park - and you can still think about how it would be now - if you decide not to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the 5K. I'm jealous and hopefully my leg will cooperate so I can get back to my fitness goals. I think all the stuff and stress in my personal life has led me to be distracted from my goals. You should be so proud that you've been able to be so busy and accomplish so much. It won't get any easier as you enter law school, but you'll be ready.

    ReplyDelete