Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 111 How Did I NOT Do This before?

I want to first thank everyone who commented on my win last night. I appreciate your congrats and am honored to serve the public.

Next, I am continuing on with my obsession with walking. I have moved on to thinking I have to get four miles in a day, two in the morning and two in the evening. I swear, it is nuts. Want to know what it is kinda like? Like my obsession with watching tv, eating mindlessly, and gaining weight. However, I sometimes am finishing up my walks and think to myself "how did THIS become a habit?" The real question is how did this NOT become a habit? In fact, how did my bad habits become habit? It is nuts! Looking back, I have no idea!! I can barely sit her and type this blog sometimes. The only time I ever can sit without moving for any length of time is first thing in the mornings before the coffee kicks in and I am browsing blogs. I do ok then, but as soon as my weight lifting is done, it is a challenge all day to sit down and just be still. I find reasons all the time at work to do it, go walk as often as possible at lunch, and now I have picked up the evening walking habit! The good news is the neighbor across the road runs and she is totally making me look bad running, so there is no slacking in my walking. I feel great now, but I suspect that I will be sore tomorrow morning. One more day and then I get Friday off from walking!

I have mentioned I am shooting for 230 by November 30 on here and I am so ready to see the scale on Friday and see how close I am on the first weigh in of November. I am shooting for 237 or lower. I am also worried about the soup I had tonight having too much sodium. I wonder if the fact that I just kill my water all the time will keep it from being an issue? I know I am all over tonight, but i didn't give any thought to my subject before I sat down today. Part of adding the walking to my evening agenda I guess. I will be better tomorrow.

Doctor Fat to Fit tagged me in an answer these questions post over here and here are the q's and a's. See what you think Doc!

1) If you could be any animal, what would you choose?
a quarterhorse for two reasons, but only one is printable on a family friendly blog! I love to watch them run so effortlessly and gracefully, it is nature's poetry in motion. Figure the other out!

2) Name 1 thing you would NOT do, even if I payed you a million bucks?

give you the million bucks back!!

3) Name one big news event that made an impact on you other than 9/11. Why and How did it impact you?

oh I remember when Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys and then fired Tom Landry. In fact now that I am thinking about it again, I am pissed all over and I hate Jerry Jones!

4) Where did you go or would you like to go on your honeymoon?

still not able to afford a honeymoon, but our thinking is we want to go to Rome and not have to be on a small budget for the week. Not sure WHEN it will happen, but it WILL happen.






9 comments:

  1. You know "you're there" when you can clearly see the new habits are "in the lead!" You're going to be at 230 with no trouble!

    chug the water and I'm sure the soup won't be an issue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! That WAS big news when Landry was fired, and I feel the same way you do! And the whole thing was done with absolutely no class, and now I'm getting mad too!

    Keep on keepin' on, JP-Elect! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new obsession. Trading in the bad for the good is awesome!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree Shane. Jerry was an ass, but the old fart grows on you. I actually met him once, very briefly and he was very nice.

    So proud of you with the walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What could be better than to develop a walking habit! Good for you. I want to visit Italy also- years ago we saved enough money to take the family to London and Paris and it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the answers to your questions! ;-) I can't wait to see the pictures of you and your honey in Rome someday...a very slim you, to boot!

    And keep rockin' the water...it really does seem to make all the difference.

    Have a great day, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you have walking, I have a obsession with biking. It's all good though. Besides, who would of thought exercise would be the source of an addiction??

    You and Kathy will get to Rome someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your new habit!! Keep rocking, that is awesome!

    I'm a day behind, congrats on the win!

    Funny on the questions, honeymoons are overrated. Enjoy where you are with your family now and be happy! So is the family joining you in your weight loss adventure and your walks?

    ReplyDelete