Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 7 First week down and no weekend trap!

Day 7 is in the books and it was another good one! I got a ton o' fiber in today and some good protein too. Plus I finally got the dang yard clippings up from the back yard so I am ending the week on a happy note!

I will keep harping on this, you may get tired of hearing it, but this just doesn't feel like dieting! And in reality it isn't. I just don't OVEREAT! I also savor the food, eating it slowly. I am no longer in a race to eat as much of this yummy food as fast as I can. It is still yummy whether it is 3 ounces or 16!!

One more thing I find amazing is that on day 1, I decided that 1500 was just not gonna be enough calories, so I made my number 2000 calories. Well, for days 3, 5, 6, and 7, I have not gotten my full allotment in at all. In fact, the last two days, I was way off. I don't recall day 6's number, but day 7 weighs in at 1405 calories. Without any starving either. This whole new world is amazing to me. I could learn to like this, fo sho!

So hear is my food diary for the day. I knew I had some strenuous work ahead of me early this morning, so I had a bit more hardy of a breakfast than usual. I fried a sausage patty at what I believe to be about three ounces for 270 calories, put a piece of cheese on it for 60, and the bread was 90 for the two pieces, for a total of 420 calories. After getting the work done, it was just before lunch time and I had no plan as yet. I told you Kathy had bought broccoli, califlower and orange I guess banana peppers or whatever they are called. they are smaller peppers that taste like the bigger bell peppers. Well I took all those and some baby carrots, and made a bowl of steamed vegetables out of it and then seasoned them with lemon pepper seasoning, for a total of 220 calories for lunch. It was so yummy ya'll, I will be doing that again in the future! Snack time was doubled up though, as the veggies didn't seem to stick to me very well. Plus I had a bit of an old habit raise its head. I was watching tv and relaxing and suddenly had the urge for a snack, thus snack two. However, I was smart about it. Snack number one was a granola bar with a 1/2 cup of milk for 210 calories. I savored it and enjoyed every last bite and drink of milk too. Snack 2 may have been uplanned, but it was well executed. I had bought some radishes the other day cause I like radishes. I liked them even more when I found out 7 of them are like 15 calories. So I sliced 7 up and seasoned them with some Cavendar's seasoning and had a wonderful snack for 15 calories. At last Kathy mad it home from work and I was able to cook supper. We had bought some tiny little thin pork chops, about an ounce to and ounce and a half each, and I cooked them on the grill with a smidge of garlic salt on each one. They were easy to cook and good to eat. We had a rerun from earlier in the week in a dish of sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in EVO and a dab of house italian dressing. Topped off with a couple of spoonfuls of green beans and dinner tallied to 460 calories and was very filling. I had a sweet tooth directly after, so I went straight to the evening snack I have come to love so much, Sam's Choice key lime yogurt for 80 calories! Mmm mmm yummy!!

I think for this upcoming week, I am adding the goal of getting my morning weight workouts in. I am pretty satisfied with my cardio being at lunch time and don't want to mess with that. I think that with the combination of new eating habits (not dieting), weight training and cardio, I can have a heck of a time knocking off the weight and getting healthier like I should have earlier in life. But as we all know, youth is wasted on the young!!

Good night, and ya'll keep on inspiring me, and I will do my best to do the same!!

4 comments:

  1. Email me, privately, if you need anything. Great start..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it through the first week so successfully! Keep drinking that water and before you know it, you won't miss the sodas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made a good choice of upping your calories to 2000. I eat 1500 calories a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job eating healthfully and making smart choices. I love it! Keep it up!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete