Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You And Me Going Joggin' In The Dark

I jogged outside yesterday morning like I talked about. 5:00 a.m. and everything. It was pretty dark still, except for the street lights our HOA requires at the end of each driveway kept it fairly illuminated. I guess I just prefer to see all the trees and flowers and such while I am jogging. Anyway, that did not deter me from having a great run! I guess a change in routine was a good thing though, cause it made me realize once again how amazing it is to me that I was on my 4 lap (2nd mile) before my legs even realized I had started jogging. They didn't complain even once until I got to the big hill for the 4th time! And don't even get me started on my lungs. That story is amazing. I was huffing and puffing when I finished, but not too bad and seriously, by the time I walked from my street to my door, I was most of the way recovered, and by the time I walked into the living room with the water I had just gotten, I was completely recovered. Craaaaaazy!!

We are headed to Texas this weekend to deliver cookies and pick up some stuff from Kathy's dad. We are getting her grandma's china cabinet and china and Kathy's old swingset from her grandma's house. I think we are staying at Rachel and Brad's house for the weekend and that suits me. I don't know who all remembers, but the last time I was there, I took it as a personal challenge to go jog the two huge hills they have there. I did it but it kicked my butt. I am so looking forward to a rematch!! I am gonna take those bad boys DOWN this time!! I love the challenge!

I have finally had to concede that my dogs are too fat and put them on diets. I used to just fill the food bowl up when I saw it was empty, but my favorite, Elwood, has gotten so fat, he won't even get up on the couch just to aggravate Kathy anymore. I am now filling the bowl half full in the morning and that is all they get for the day. We are only a week into it and he looks thinner already, so maybe this is a good plan. I sure hope so. I would hate to have my dog die over obesity after I have made such great strides.



1 comment:

  1. I wish I could get my butt out of bed to work out in the morning. It's, by far, my biggest challenge!

    Good work!

    Sarah
    Theweatheredword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete