Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 1 of the Hard Ten

Day 1 of the Hard Ten was just what I needed apparently. I was dead on all day and quite proud of it! It seems to have sparked me up again. Which brings me to a point. I think I was basically on a break. I mean 6-7 months of being good and posting losses and working my hind end off may have been great. But I think I just needed some time off. And that could have been dangerous. I could have slipped back back back until I showed back up reincarnated as Old Shane. I think that may be the magic of this whole blogging thing. We are all in different spots in this thing. Dawne was where I am now for the past couple of months, and now she is pulling out of it, and even though I was in "take a break" mode, I was able to gain some inspiration by her gaining inspiration and sharing it. I think that is just so fantastic. We have each other's backs here in this community and what one person has, they are more than willing to share with the others. If I had done this well before blogging and then decided I needed a "break" that would have been the end folks. It has been the end many times! But that break, well it turned into just a break this time. I had a whole slew of friends who are in the same boat as me, and one of them popped a little wisdom and motivation my way and baaam!! Pit stop over, the race is back on! I can honestly say I am so thankful to have "met" Dawne. She has inspired me in so many ways. I will be frank and say she is the reason I now identify myself as a jogger. I used to get so jealous reading her posts about jogging. She told me once that she could just see that in the future, I would be a jogger. I don't know how she did that, but she turned out to be correct. She believed in me even when I didn't believe in me. Again, this blog community is a treasure, it is something I love and am so thankful for. I truly believe God himself pointed me in to ya'll and I thank Him for it.

On that note, He also has given me another wonderful morning for jogging it looks like. 52 degrees and no rain, so I do believe I will take advantage and go knock out 2.5 miles and do some bench pressing this morning! ya'll have a wonderful day!!



3 comments:

  1. A break can turn into a day off, then a holiday, then a vacation, then a lifestyle. May all our breaks be brief.

    Hey, Shane, we are close to maintenance. What is your plan? I will be posting mine over the next few days. I just thought you might have some ideas I hadn't thought of. Thanks in advance.

    Jo
    http://awellkeptlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I hope to classify myself a "jogger." Right now I'm a "try-not-to-die-while-moving-my-feet-quickly-over-the-pavement-er". LOL! :)

    Sarah
    TheWeatheredWord.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shane,
    I wanted to come by to see how you're doing in the hard 10 challenge. It looks like we've both been in the same boat. I too have taken a break that I never intended to take! I'm so glad for this challenge. It's helped to kick start me once again. Keep up the good work!

    Be blessed!

    Kimberlynn
    http://mindingmyweigh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete