So as this year wraps up, and I have looked back at all that has happened this year, I find myself thinking about 2011 and what it may bring. Here are a few things I would like to see happen:
1. I want to see me hit 185 pounds before my birthday in May. I have a feeling I can do this long before that, but that is my absolute deadline.
2. I want to see my family and friends start their own healthy lifestyles. I can proudly say that I know Kathy, my mom Fran, my dad Glenn, our friends Brad and Rachel in Texas, and my coworker Jill have all said they are looking to get started on healthier living. I plan on offering all the support and help I possibly can to help them along their respective ways.
3. I hope that some of the folks from the weight loss blogosphere that I have seen “disappear” find their way back and that they find their mojo in 2011 and show us all up! I know it is impossible to get started until you are able to find the commitment, drive and desire within yourself. It seems it is just timing, starting the right thing at the right time when it comes to weight loss and I have been very fortunate in this regard.
4. I desperately want that letter telling me I am accepted to law school! That would be the coolest thing on the list right now! I so desperately want to get on that path so I can support my family in the way they deserve to be supported.
5. I want each and every one of us to enjoy either great success in weight loss or great success in weight maintenance, whichever applies to us individually.
6. I really really really want to go to a amusement park and spend the day riding every ride without a thought of whether I will fit!
7. I want Kathy and I to get better with our finances. We do ok I guess, but it would be nice to have a big ol’ savings account just in case you know. Not sure how this will happen when I start law school, but it is being put out there.
8. I hope to find a way to join the gym we visited the other day. It is such an awesome atmosphere. It is unashamedly spiritual, has a fitness program for kids, and a very full class schedule so that busy folks can make it too.
So there you have it. If all or even some of these happen for me in 2011, I will consider myself a blessed man, even more so than I do already.
I finally got my part of the bargain done today and got the outside Christmas lights down and put away. I was starting to wonder if I would get them down before New Year’s Day! I had Lauren all to myself sort of today. I got her at noon and we went to lunch and Wal Mart to shop for the food to cook supper for Kathy tonight. Lauren is growing up so fast. I let her do the shopping and she remembered all the stuff we needed, did a good job picking out the squash, the cabbage, and the pork chops for that matter. She even made the mac and cheese all by herself and sliced the squash up so I could grill it. It makes me so proud and a little sad at the same time.
Well I am gonna get off here and see how long I can stay awake. I am going to shoot for my best 5k time yet tomorrow morning so sleep will be the key. I also weigh in tomorrow for the last time in 2010. I know I will see a loss it is a matter of how much and can I make 210?? Tune in tomorrow to find out!