Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 166 Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm

Well first, let me say this. As I was typing that title, something hit me. It says "Day 166". I have to admit, that excites me. I don't know that on Day 1, I knew that there would be a Day 166. Now, I can see there being a Day 1066!!! So there ya go, a little "what the heck is Shane smoking today?" moment.

So here is the thing. I do remember one thing for sure from Day 1. I set my calorie bank at 2000 calories that day. And I remember thinking "wow, that is so going to be hard to maintain consistently." I also remember wondering how the heck Sean managed to keep his at 1500 calories a day. Slowly, surely and steadily, I have lowered my bank total as I have progressed, and at this time, I keep it at 1500. Well lately, I have been having blood sugar issues at times, as well as hunger issues too. So, I have been threatening to boost my daily calories to 1800 to see if that will help with both those issues. Turns out, that is harder than it seems like it should be to do. I am seriously stuck on getting 1500 calories! I have even reasoned out that I am now doing 5 miles a day of walking as opposed to the 2 or 3 I was doing before when I set the bank at 1500, I know I have built lots of muscles in my weight workouts and my walking, so I am betting my BMR is considerably higher than it used to be. I cannot convince myself to go above 1500. I did it for Christmas Day, but now that that is over, I haven't been able to do it again. I even had a plan for what to eat tonight to get it there, but I just can't. I am a dork. First I can't stop eating the calories, now I can't get myself to eat them when I probably need to! Things that make you go hmmmm.


2 comments:

  1. Shane, you have made great progress in less than a year. Truly amazing. I can understand why it would be difficult to change your calorie bank. You may need to listen to your body on this one though. Now that you are walking 5+ miles consistently with the muscle build up you are burning more calories. You may need more fuel to prevent the low blood sugar and hunger. You'll figure it out. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tammy that your body needs more fuel which may be why it's reacting in this way..of course, what do I know? I'm not a doctor. :)

    Either way, you've have tremendous success this year, and I'm so proud to have seen it happen from day one.

    You rock Shaniac!

    ReplyDelete