Monday, May 16, 2011

You Want A Challenge? Go To Branson To Jog!

As the title infers, we went to Branson, Missouri this weekend. My boss, the wonderful and awesome Cheryl Anderson, gave me and my family a free weekend in her condo up there. Cheryl is the greatest boss and one of the greatest people I have ever met in my ENTIRE lifetime. She is that person that you wish you could be. I am working on trying to follow her example, but seriously, she makes it difficult. I don't know if I can be as smart, benevolent, generous, compassionate, caring and talented as she is, but you know what, I have the example in front of me, I just need to learn from it.

So back to the jogging. Yeah. Branson I am pretty sure has ZERO flat spots. You are either jogging up a hill or down a hill. I got my butt kicked Saturday morning. It didn't help that Friday I also took on the hill that leads up to my office and was tired from that already. But I really got my behonkus handed to me Saturday morning. It is funny how you can DRIVE up hills and not really realize they are there. I never once realized that there were no flat spots until Saturday when I was praying for one to appear at some point about 20 minutes in!

I am thinking about retooling my workouts a little to combat some boredom I have been dealing with. I am thinking about throwing in some jump roping and some bicycling for my cardio. I am not abandoning jogging, I just have been struggling to find ways to make it work and not be boring and I am running out of realistic options to make it work in my time frame. plus I am tired of waking up so early in the morning. I am having a harder and harder time dragging my butt out of bed at 4 just to get caffeined up and ready to workout by 5.

So Kathy took a picture of me at the pool this weekend. I have over come my fear of shirtlessness in places I don't know people. it still isn't pretty, but hey, I don't know these people so who cares right? Then, she goes and puts it on Facebook! I had no idea that was where it was going when I let her take it. I just assumed it to be a me and her picture! Nope. It is out there for the world to see now! So you know what, I am going to own it. Here it is:


there you go. I did it. it was one of my goals in the beginning and it gives me something to build on. I need to improve so that I can have a shirtless picture without having a panic attack that Kathy may post it on Facebook! Challenge accepted!



1 comment:

  1. You look great! :) Congratulations, putting it on FB is big!

    ReplyDelete