Tuesday, January 14, 2014

So Close!

I have a goal in mind. I am working on trying to get up to 2 miles on the treadmill in the 30 minute workout program I do. Today was not the day though, I only got to 1.8. I kept bumping the preset speed up to 3.9 miles an hour, but I was only able to do 22 minutes on the higher level today. I kinda thought about pushing it for the last 6 minutes at speed, but this is where the Coach had to save me from myself. I tend to be a bit hard headed (not to be confused with determined, which I try to claim is my real trait) I honestly believe I could have but I am glad I didn't. After I finished up the walkjog, I was feeling a bit off. I went ahead and tried to do a strength workout after like I always do. I didn't even get all the way through all the sets in my first lift without realizing I probably should call it a day. I knew going in that it may be a bad workout. I was still feeling the effects of 12 hours on my feet Saturday all day and the fatigue in my muscles didn't feel quite gone yet. But I am hard headed and having not walkjogged for 6 days was nagging at me pretty badly. I love that He has answered my prayers to give me that fire again. I love that He also tapped me on the shoulder when I needed it too! Here is praying that I will be reaching my goal one day next week! I am so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment