Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Other Side

So it just seems weird to be here in One-derland. I am a 24 hour resident and waking up this morning just seemed cool. My first thought was that I had just finished my first day in One-derland! I just FEEL different. I realize it is technically a difference of 3 pounds between here and there, but it seems like a totally different state of mind to know that I am now shooting for getting out of..... wait for it..... the 190's!!! I set my mind and visualized for months the 190 somethings. Now my visualization is 189! It is fun, cool, exciting and exhilarating to be here! Having seen 3 bills for years, and having worked from 297 lbs. this time around, it just makes the whole journey so much more meaningful to me than it probably should be. In celebration of my achievement, I went to the park and took aim at a distance record for jogging and tried to get to 4 miles. I made it to 3.75 miles but was out of gas. I also decided maybe I should save some goals for later! I am going back this morning for another 3 miles. That is another aspect of me that amazes me. I had to huff and puff to walk around my half mile block in July !! I jog for 42 minutes straight now! Really? Really?

I wish I could package this feeling and let everybody that wants to start their own journey sample this feeling, see what it is like to get here. I so want to help people get here. It is an amazing feeling. It just is. Why can't I be better and have more opportunities to help folks? I think I am going to go jog and pray while I do it that God put somebody in my path so I can help them.



2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be there one day. Maybe not this year....but I'M GOING TO GET THERE! And I think with your blog, you have helped alot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to comment yesterday after I read but never did. GOOD FOR YOU! I know what you mean about wanting people to FEEL how good it is! I still have about 20 to go to get to onederland but it will come, I know that now! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete