Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year Bloggers! I am being forced to write this blog by my friend Carrie! I was commenting on the wagon I fell off of and talking about how I have been working out this year and have not had an evening snacking problem (Praise the Lord!) since the new year began. I am also trying to boot my Diet Moutain Dew addiction too. I was on day 3 until I asked my wife to get me one on the way home tonight! But between evening snacking and diet soda, I will take the latter.

I am excited that I have a gym memebership now! I love to show up and work out and the thing that makes me go is that there are other folks there, and I am a competitive person! I am sticking to my plan to take the weight I have gained back off slowly and make more manageable and maintainable habit changes. I am not only running now but I have been lifting weights as well so that should make at least some difference. I look forward to seeing what this year brings, starting with my first weigh in this Friday!

I also got a Ninja for Christmas, so I am learning to make smoothies, or at least I tried to today. I have some more work to do, but if it could save me 3.50 a trip to the gym, then that would be a good thing, I am pretty sure.

Hope everyone had a great NYE and is off to a roaring start for 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment