Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Success!

Well if today is any measure, the steps I talked about yesterday to make sure I am not going to fall into rationalization mode are going to be successful. The only one I failed on was getting something to eat before I went to work out this morning. I even got up late and still made it to the gym in my window! Lauren played a big part in the success of the morning. She was willing to work with me and get her hind end up before I left. And I stopped after my workout and got us a garage door clicker, and have already programmed it to work with our garage door opener! God is good, amen! I know it is my job to do the stuff, but He sure helps motivate me when I am lacking in ability or slacking in general!

I am also very thankful for my LiveStrong food tracking app on my iPod. I used to write everything down manually and had to Google my food calories all day. This app lets me search all that stuff out and track it in a convenient one stop shop. It also takes the math function out of it, telling me how many calories I have left for the day. I also like the fact I can track my activity for the day and see about how many calories I burned. My big thing is to create a calorie deficit every 24 hour cycle. This app makes it so much easier to handle all the information for doing that in one fell swoop!

How are ya'll using technology to achieve your goals?



2 comments:

  1. I signed up for the LiveStrong site a few months ago and only just this last month have been using it religiously. Learning a lot about what I eat and what exercise I do and how my body will react to it all. It also challenges me to get in my water, I don't want my "ticker" to not celebrate my water intake for the day!

    MO-tivated

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the LoseIt app on my iphone. I love it. It does all that stuff and I carry it with me everywhere so there's never an excuse not to track.

    ReplyDelete