Saturday, December 10, 2011

Those Days.....

Before I get started, I need some direction. I cannot post on my the blogs of any of my friends for some reason? it says this email address isn't authorized or something to that effect. does anyone have a fix for me? I have tried twice now to post on blog posts and have been denied the privelege!

So this morning, I went over to my friend Kevin's house and we set out on a run. Kevin just finished a marathon this past Saturday. Between Kevin and Ddean Karnazes' book Marathon Man, I am bound and determined to do at least a half marathon and I have the pie in the sky dream of a marathon one day. But I digress. So anyway, back to the I went to Kevin's house story. So we gtook off on our run and we get to talking and seriously the run was like nothing. We talked the entire time and turned around and it was over. So we chat for a second and then I leave and as I am driving home, it occurs to me how wild it is that I just 1. went on a run that was not debilitating 2. Went with a friend and did not get ran away from and 3. was barely breathing hard after 2 miles and only had to breath hard for 2-3 tops after it, and we had pushed the pace pretty hard since it was a short run. Two years ago on a Saturday, I would put money I was making a huge breakfast with about 2000 calories in it, and preparing to sit on my butt all day and watch football or movies or something and had my laptop in what little lap I had at the time trying to surf with it at an odd angle. Wow what a difference a couple of years can make! So then I keep thinking on and never ever ever in 1 million years would I have even thought of the idea of running a half marathon two years ago! in fact, if you had brought it up, I would have asked you what the hell would i want to run for? Now, I run for fun and fitness! I am loving that after law school got me off track in my running, I am picking it back quickly! Last week I was huffing and puffing for a mile and a half, yesterday I killed a three mile run! How great is that!

Has anyone else been hit with a reality lately of past and present and the huge differences between the two?



2 comments:

  1. YEP! That's been happening a lot with me lately too! It's weird to look back for
    sure!

    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't comment on half the blogs either, it's annoying. Glad to see your back running and getting on track. I've been off my game too and struggling to get back in it.

    ReplyDelete