Monday, May 1, 2017

Day 1 Take It Where You Can Get It

I hate to do this. I know that in the long run, the goal for losing weight and getting healthy needs to be it. But at the moment, I am in crunch time, and I intend to use that as a kindling for a big push to get going for real in the health chase. We leave for Universal Orlando on June 11. I want to be able to walk all the miles it will take while there and I also want to be sure I fit in most if not all of the rides. That is a fight and a worry I am tired of having. I love amusement park rides, and I need to be able to stop worrying about the fit.

So here is the deal. I have been doing great with the consistent workouts the last couple of weeks. I actually got 5 in this past week. But it is time to both ratchet up the workouts and also begin to concentrate much harder on the quality of my nutrition. So my new add on goals are that I will not only get my cardio in on the early morning weekdays, but twice to three times a week, I lift weights at lunch or I go to the boxing class I have been attending sporadically lately. Next, I am going to start eating better quality than I have been lately. I have been in a bit of a rut in stopping at the convenience store and getting crappy food like mini pizzas or baked sub sandwiches. I am also going to start having protein shakes for breakfast with fruit in them, and healthy snacks in the office.

Next, I am going to start focusing more on numbers. I weighed this morning and I hadn't lost any or gained any since the last weigh in. I am going to weight Monday, Wednesday and Friday to sharpen my focus on the goal of dropping lbs. I will also start measuring around my belly on Mondays and Fridays. Sometimes winning shows up in different ways, and I want to be sure to have every chance to be happy about winning. I also want to start keeing tabs on my blood sugar way better than I have been. I know it is important, and I need to treat it as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment