Friday, January 11, 2013

Oh the Liberation!!!

When things are going wrong, man does it feel like prison. You just can't get out of your own head. You think and think and think. Far too often, thinking has gotten me in trouble. It sometimes makes me decide to give up, or "take a break" or some other self defeating behavior. But man, when you have that 24 hour period when you do it right and then on top of that see weight loss, oh buddy can you conquer the world!!!!!

I started a little something last night to try to break my eating after dinner problem. I just started writing what I wanted to do 5 times. So after supper, I wrote 5 times that I was not going to snack after supper. I was starting to crack, so I wrote i was not going to bargain or rationalize in order to eat something 5 times. Later, when i was fixing to get up to go to bed, I made sure that rather than my usual habit of finding something to eat on the way to the bedroom, I wrote I will not get a snack on the way to bed 5 times. It worked!!!! Not one snack after supper!

And if that wasn't enough, well guess what? 2 pounds disappeared off of Shane since last week!!! Oh Friday was such a good day. Not making the Deans List didn't even ruin my day. Even though I only missed it by .08, I was still happy for the great stuff that is going on!!!

3 comments: