Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Not All Fluff

I know that typically when you come here to my blog, you will see me being excited about now and the future. But today will not be the same. I am a little aggravated with my scale number and my struggle with after dinner eating. Now I say that with the caveat that I have all sorts of signs of progress. Trimmer waist (evidenced by my pants fitting better), smaller side boobs (evidenced by my treadmill walking the other day and not hitting the hand rail), and better cardio fitness by far!! I can run 2 miles without feeling it, although that is on the flat treadmill at 5 mph.

But I am just not happy with my scale number, and my guess is that is directly tied in with my other aggravation, my trouble wrangling the after dinner snacking. Not that I am going nuts with ice cream, or even the age old favorite hot dogs! I snack on Carl Buddhig lunch meat packets, cheese sticks, yogurt, and the occasional peanut butter sandwich. If I can ever get rid of the propensity to snack after supper, I think i will be well back on my way to a better scale number. Right now I am at 269. I would love to see a good number at this Friday's weigh in. Like say a 266. So now that I have verbalized my anger, I will move forward having taken its power away from it.

I think that has always been my problem. I would be dealing with life's craziness, and rather than doing something proactive or healthy about it, I would shove it down deep inside and ignore it, and to keep it down there, I apparently threw some food on top of it!! haha. So that realization prompted me to write a griping blog. I actually feel a lot better about the situation now that I have found a place to bring it out that is safe. I am very thankful for each of you for listening. If the scale don't cooperate this week, you may see some more of them!! haha.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you took the power from it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this. You're fired up and when you get fired up, you take action... Powerful stuff. My money is on the scale going down, just as you wish. My best
    Sean

    ReplyDelete