Monday, July 11, 2011

No Deals Is A Hit!!

I think God has sent me that prayer! My "No Deals" strategy has been working out like gang busters! I do not eat at all after supper anymore, and it is very empowering. Now I have to figure out how to keep from trying to make deals with myself over exercising. I have lost my zeal, and I have to wonder if it has to do with all this heat! We had every day in June over 90 degrees here in Arkansas and the last week and half has been over 100, more specifically 105 for 5 days in a row now! My air conditioner is getting so tired. I went for a jog at 6 a.m. the other day and it was so hot my first half mile I was soaked!

I have been thinking more and more about the start of law school lately. It has pretty much taken control of my life. I find things to do to occupy me and my mind as often as possible, but the reality is, it is always there in the back ground. So much so that I feel like my work may be slipping, and I don't find that acceptable at all. I love my boss Cheryl and she deserves 100% of me, so I am vowing to get my head back in the game and finish strong for this last month! I know that this is not weight loss related per se, but my emotions tend to drive my eating patterns and this issue has been a concern of mine lately, so I had to try to get it "out there" and make it real so I am not running scared from it. That is what I love so much about blogging. It helps you deal with your demons with a group that gets it and is not judgmental. I think that I was unsuccessful in weight loss for so long because I was scared of my constant failure and what was really driving my behaviors, and if you are so scared of something you don't talk about it, it has the power over you. Once you acknowledge that you have an issue and put it out there to start being worked on, it loses its power over you, and then you can begin the real battle!



No comments:

Post a Comment