Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I Walked, I Was Honest, And I Got Lucky

So yesterday was basically another Day 1 in the search for my groove. I was pretty excited that the day wound up with quite a few positives. First off, I walked. I often gripe about wanting to be able to run. And I often get a wild hair and take off running every once in awhile. But who am I kidding. I am almost always setting myself up for failure when I do that. I wind up not being happy with my speed, my distance, or both. But still, I keep doing it over and over. So yesterday, I banned myself from running. I left the office and headed out on my running route, but walked the entire thing. I made myself do it. Even when I got good and warmed up and all I could think was I want to just run the next mile or so, I stopped myself. I still weigh 265 pounds, I have old knees and fragile ankles. At this point in time, I need to cast aside my pride and my go get'em attitude and be smart. I need to walk consistently and get my muscles in shape, my joints tightened back up, and my weight down.

I was honest on the My Fitness Pal app. I had clicked the button for "I'm done for the day" option, but it turned out I woke up hungry and had a piece of bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter on it. In the past, that would have fell in the no man's land region and never made it to MFP. I put that bad boy in there this time. Complete honesty, every day, regardless.

I also had the good fortune of Kathy fixing me a very healthy and low cal supper! Tilapia and corn baby!! That left me room at the end of the night to make myself a protein shake with frozen cherries. My new favorite end of day snack I do believe!!

1 comment:

  1. Consistency beats intensity. :) Your code of self-honesty will bring incredible things.
    --Sean

    ReplyDelete