Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 4 Despite a not stellar Day 3 ending......

Here is the thing. I owed Lauren an ice cream date, so I managed to convince myself that it would be rude to take her on an ice cream date and not get ice cream to eat with her. So we went to Goody's. I got about 4-5 ounces of the yogurt, then got some coconut topping and shouldnt have but did get a little bit of the chocolate syrup on top. Historically, that would have convinced me that I suck. I am a loser. No chance I will ever get this right. But it did not phase me. In fact, this morning, I headed out for my walk and I have to admit, I felt studly. All my muscles were working well, my joints got oiled up quicker than usual, and I was just feeling good about me and life generally and thanking the Lord for all multitude of blessings I get but don't deserve even one little bit. That is what I have been missing in my efforts lately, that (insert manly growling noise here). That love for what I am doing right now and the studly feeling that goes along with exercise. My attitude all day was great! That great attitude makes for less effort on my part to not eat. Not eating too much, well it makes me lose weight! Wild and crazy chain huh? Another cool moment for me was when we went for the family walk tonight, a certain 10 year old girl was talking smack and trying to stay just out of our reach. I took off in a sprint up hill and wound up catching her just to show her I could! It was great! Recognizing that my worth is not tied to my grades and my job was one of the greatest epiphanies the Lord has ever given me. Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, but wisdom is of the future. Heard that somewhere once. I want to say it was a spiritual quote but it may not have been. At any rate, it really is true. I KNEW I had a problem, but I needed the WISDOM to overcome it. I have actually prayed many times for the wisdom to overcome, and I now have it! Thank ya Lord!! And the great thing is that I am tracking my calories and exercise with an app and the raising up my calorie limit that I used and was successful with in 2010 has not freaked me out. I hope to see SOME movement on the scale this Friday. But even if I don't, I can already tell one thing. My sternum is poking up now when I lay down!

No comments:

Post a Comment