Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Reality Check

I was tasked with bringing cookies into work this morning. Kathy made them for my co-workers as a thank you for not killing me for my antics. Honest and truly, I wanted to drop them on the kitchen table and never look at them. But not being that self-disciplined, I broke into them. That was a great opportunity for me to do the "quittin' thang" again. But I decided that the 5 cookies I just ate didn't knock me off the train tracks, it just slowed the train down. I can keep on those tracks, but the speed the train goes is up to me and my choices. 5 cookies means I went from 35 mph to 15 mph. But I can start putting the better fuel in my body, and get back to 35 mph, then 55mph if I keep avoiding the crappy fuel! That is the reality, one bump is not the end. 5 bumps are not the end. The goal shouldn't ever be to have no bumps, but to make the bumps further and further apart each time!!

2 comments:

  1. Great attitude! Progress is progress and it never runs in a straight line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear, I wish you only to speed up and keep the store of your fuel filled up!) Do not get frustrated on that small misshape! You are gonna be alright!)

    ReplyDelete