Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Joe Said It Best

So often I have a concept in my head, and I can verbalize it, but it seems like more often than not, someone does it better than me. I have been watching the Biggest Loser this year. Never watched it before this one. It is one of only 2 shows I make it a point to watch. That and the Big Bang Theory. So anyway, I was watching last night, and Joe, the ex-football player, was talking after his workout with Layla Ali. And the second it came out of his mouth, I realized the words were exactly how I feel summed up in one short phrase. "It feels great to be in control of my body now." I am not sure the exact context he meant it in, but I took it like this. When my body is in its worst shape, I literally feel like a prisoner. I feel like my fat belly is the boss. I can't sit up out of my chair very well, usually have to rock. I can't bound up the steps, I have to be deliberate, and I damn sure can't run two miles continuously. I am a mind trapped in a lead weight. And that sux. So when he said that, it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I am back to being a happy person since I started eating right and exercising. And the source of that happiness is the fact that when I go to get up, I don't have to rock out of my recliner to get momentum, I just stand up. When I go up to my third story classes, I don't walk up the step, one foot up to next step, next foot up to the same step. I bound up the stairs, one foot on one step, next foot on the step above it. And when I run two miles, it isn't in spurts anymore! I just came in from running my block as a last ditch effort to get a run in, and it was a hard but satisfying two miler!! And quite frankly, I feel like I am back in control of this here "lead weight" and it is moving out for the new hybrid body that can "float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee!"

No comments:

Post a Comment